It has been reported that the demand for special tech immigration visas has surged since the EU Referendum.
Tech City UK, the government organisation that processes applications for the visas, have said that applications increased in popularity following the referendum, with more than 200 applications received since April.
The Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa for Digital Technology was specifically designed for non-EU tech workers back in 2013 with the aim of attracting more of the world’s best engineers and coders to the UK. It has been said that the visa is most popular with tech workers from the USA, India, and Nigeria.
There are only 200 places available each year, however, only seven applications were received in 2014. The Government relaxed the scheme’s criteria back in November last year which saw applications rise.
Gerard Grech, CEO of Tech City UK said: “It’s an encouraging set of results. It’s one of those situations where we’re in ongoing conversations with the government, and we’re keeping an eye on it.”
We’ll have more conversations when we get closer to the limit. They know that tech talent is a growing part of the economy. They also understand that tech talent is a scarce resource.”
Smart companies across the UK are already adopting App2Chat, the innovative business communication tool that offers all the features of an office telephone system on a mobile phone – including online calls to international numbers.
App2Chat can help businesses update the way they work. Our service combines the following must-have features:
- calls are made and received using business landline numbers
- option for multiple landline numbers (UK and international) on each smartphone
- unlimited users can make or receive business calls on the same landline number at the same time
- new business landline numbers within one working day
- optional transfer of existing landline numbers
- works over 3G & 4G mobile networks worldwide so continuous, quality conversations are the norm
- optional WiFi connectivity for office working and overseas roaming
- costs around 30 pence per day and does not require any up-front investment
- compatibility with all Android & Apple smartphones
- full functionality of a desk phone, including voicemail, call forwarding and transfer, call recording, conference call and much more.
For more information on App2Chat, please contact us on: email@example.com or +44 (0)20 80 993 994.