As 2016 draws to a close, tech experts have predicted the trends and developments which may affect SME’s in the future.
The may concern for small to medium sized business owners appears to be cyber attacks, with 2016 bringing some of the most large-scale hacks in recent years.
The world’s biggest companies such as Twitter and Yahoo have found themselves subject to cyber attacks; however, in the last year, more than 51% of medium-sized business in the UK reported a breach of security. With this is mind it’s thought that SME’S could be the next target.
Joe Siegrist, Vice President and General Manager of password storage service LastPass said: “Smaller businesses can find it harder than large ones to repair the damage if their data is compromised, and financial repercussions will often hit them harder.
“We’re likely to see an increase in cyber attacks on SMEs before we see a decrease, because many businesses need to improve their cyber security.”
It’s been recommended that SME’s invest more in cyber security prevention in the form of authentication and identification systems, stronger data protection or staff training.
Smart SME’s across the UK are already adopting App2Chat, the innovative business communication tool that offers all the features of an office telephone system on a mobile phone – including online calls to international numbers.
App2Chat can help businesses update the way they work. Our service combines the following must-have features:
- calls are made and received using business landline numbers
- option for multiple landline numbers (UK and international) on each smartphone
- unlimited users can make or receive business calls on the same landline number at the same time
- new business landline numbers within one working day
- optional transfer of existing landline numbers
- works over 3G & 4G mobile networks worldwide so continuous, quality conversations are the norm
- optional WiFi connectivity for office working and overseas roaming
- costs around 30 pence per day and does not require any up-front investment
- compatibility with all Android & Apple smartphones
- full functionality of a desk phone, including voicemail, call forwarding and transfer, call recording, conference call and much more.
For more information on App2Chat, please contact us on: email@example.com or +44 (0)20 80 993 994.