The private rocket firm SpaceX has applied for permission from the US government to launch satellites that will provide global internet access.
The Elon Musk-founded company filed an application to the US Federal Communications Commission (FFC), which laid out details about its plans for a 4,425-strong satellite network. According to estimates made by Musk in 2015, the project would cost around $10 billion.
SpaceX has talked about its telecoms ambitions for a while although they suffered a setback in September when a rocket exploded.
In a statement, the firm said: “Once fully deployed, the SpaceX system will pass over virtually all parts of the Earth’s surface and therefore, in principle, have the ability to provide ubiquitous global service.
“The system is designed to provide a wide range of broadband and communications services for residential, commercial, institutional, governmental and professional users worldwide.”
Smart companies across the UK are already adopting App2Chat, the innovative business communication tool that offers all the features of an office telephone system on a mobile phone – including online calls to international numbers.
App2Chat can help businesses update the way they work. Our service combines the following must-have features:
- calls are made and received using business landline numbers
- option for multiple landline numbers (UK and international) on each smartphone
- unlimited users can make or receive business calls on the same landline number at the same time
- new business landline numbers within one working day
- optional transfer of existing landline numbers
- works over 3G & 4G mobile networks worldwide so continuous, quality conversations are the norm
- optional WiFi connectivity for office working and overseas roaming
- costs around 30 pence per day and does not require any up-front investment
- compatibility with all Android & Apple smartphones
- full functionality of a desk phone, including voicemail, call forwarding and transfer, call recording, conference call and much more.
For more information on App2Chat, please contact us on: email@example.com or +44 (0)20 80 993 994.