A quarterly report has revealed that the UK’s small and medium-sized businesses (SME) are not formalising their cloud strategy, with those in Wales and the North East least likely to set it up.
The latest Close Brothers’ survey is based on a sample of 906 businesses, including SME owners and senior management in different sectors.
Around half (51 per cent) said their organisation is not formalising cloud computing strategies. The North East and Wales were the two regions least likely to have a strategy, whereas London SMEs were ‘clear about the requirement for a strategy’s’.
Ian McVicar, CEO, Close Brothers Technology Services said: “Cloud computing is one the key digital developments of the last few years. It’s very important businesses don’t get left behind because it can be used as a competitive advantage.
“The results of the survey are quite sobering and make it clear that there is some way to go before business owners fully appreciate the importance of the cloud. Fundamentally, cloud computing means companies can avoid, for example, purchasing and hosting servers, along with other infrastructure costs. This is not only a cost saving but means companies can focus on their core business instead of spending both time and resource on establishing and maintaining an IT infrastructure.”
Smart companies across the UK are already adopting App2Chat, the innovative business communication tool that offers all the features of an office telephone system on a mobile phone – including online calls to international numbers.
App2Chat can help businesses update the way they work. Our service combines the following must-have features:
- calls are made and received using business landline numbers
- option for multiple landline numbers (UK and international) on each smartphone
- unlimited users can make or receive business calls on the same landline number at the same time
- new business landline numbers within one working day
- optional transfer of existing landline numbers
- works over 3G & 4G mobile networks worldwide so continuous, quality conversations are the norm
- optional WiFi connectivity for office working and overseas roaming
- costs around 30 pence per day and does not require any up-front investment
- compatibility with all Android & Apple smartphones
- full functionality of a desk phone, including voicemail, call forwarding and transfer, call recording, conference call and much more.
For more information on App2Chat, please contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)20 80 993 994.