Ofcom has found that mobile operator, EE, has been overcharging their customers for the use of their customer service number whilst abroad. The evidence shows that some customers were charged US roaming rates for calling 150 from within the EU.
The communications watchdog’s findings show that EE may have violated consumer protection rules during 1 July 2014 to 20 July 2015, and also between 18 November 2015 and 11 January 2016.
EE can respond to Ofcom’s claims before the regulator makes a final decision on the case, although a hefty fine could be in store. The revelations follow two Ofcom investigations into Vodafone, which uncovered misselling, inaccurate billing and poor complaints handling procedures. They were consequently fined £4.6m.
If you’re worried about additional charges whilst making important business calls, look no further than App2Chat. This innovative product allows you to have all the features of a landline telephone on your smartphone. Our service combines the following must-have features:
- calls are made and received using business landline numbers
- option for multiple landline numbers (UK and international) on each smartphone
- unlimited users can make or receive business calls on the same landline number at the same time
- new business landline numbers within one working day
- optional transfer of existing landline numbers
- works over 3G & 4G mobile networks worldwide so continuous, quality conversations are the norm
- optional WiFi connectivity for office working and overseas roaming
- costs around 30 pence per day and does not require any up-front investment
- compatibility with all Android & Apple smartphones
- full functionality of a desk phone, including voicemail, call forwarding and transfer, call recording, conference call and much more.
For more information on App2Chat, please contact us on: email@example.com or +44 (0)20 80 993 994.