British Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) who fail to adopt the latest technology will go out of business within five years’ time, according to the results of a new study into business fears.
Research conducted by cloud-computing organisation Exact found that many UK SMEs feared their own failure in the age of the digital revolution.
64 per cent of those quizzed as part of Exact’s 2016 SME Barometer Research said that they faced frightening competition from increasingly innovative and tech-happy rivals – but only 6 per cent said that they were actively investing in new technology in order to keep up.
Separate studies have revealed that 13 per cent of firms are still using outdated landlines as a primary method of communication, despite the fact that 87 per cent of British business no longer consider the desk phone an essential office tool.
Gavin Fell, general manager of Exact Cloud Solutions UK, said: “Digitalisation is going to be key to ensuring you are not only efficient, but remain competitive in today’s highly challenging environment.”
Smart companies across the UK are already adopting App2Chat, the innovative business communication tool that offers all the features of an office telephone system on a mobile phone. App2Chat offers the very latest in digital business technology by combining the following must-have features:
- calls are made and received using business landline numbers
- option for multiple landline numbers (UK and international) on each smartphone
- unlimited users can make or receive business calls on the same landline number at the same time
- new business landline numbers within one working day
- optional transfer of existing landline numbers
- works over 3G & 4G mobile networks worldwide so continuous, quality conversations are the norm
- optional WiFi connectivity for office working and overseas roaming
- costs around 30 pence per day and does not require any up-front investment
- compatibility with all Android & Apple smartphones
- full functionality of a desk phone, including voicemail, call forwarding and transfer, call recording, conference call and much more.
For more information on App2Chat, please contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)20 80 993 994.