British businesses should be looking to do more to ensure their employees are able to work remotely, recent research has suggested.
Analysis of the latest data indicates that only 50 per cent of employers are currently providing their workforce with sufficient technology to work away from the office.
This is slightly behind the global average and suggests that UK firms need to do more to invest in those technologies which give their staff extra flexibility.
Bostjan Ljubic, from workplace solutions firm Steelcase, said that companies needed to be looking at new ways of working if they wanted to stay ahead of their competitors.
“With the array of innovative technology on the market today, it’s surprising that so many workers are still tied to their desks, with just a desktop computer and landline provided by their employer,” he said.
“The most engaged workers are those who have more control over their work experience, including the ability to work in the office, at home, or elsewhere.
“Studies have shown that increased engagement means greater productivity, innovation and employee retention – factors which impact business performance and ultimately the bottom line.
“With demand for remote working set to increase, employers would be wise to invest in the right tools and technology now, or they could be left behind.”
App2Chat is an essential business communication tool, offering the very latest in digital business technology by combining the following must-have features:
- an office telephone system on a mobile
- calls are made and received using business landline numbers
- option for multiple landline numbers (UK and international) on each smartphone
- unlimited users can make or receive business calls on the same landline number at the same time
- new business landline numbers within one working day
- can transfer your existing landline numbers
- works over 3G & 4G mobile networks worldwide so continuous, quality conversations are the norm
- optional WiFi connectivity for office working and overseas roaming
- costs around 30 pence per day and does not require any up-front investment
- compatibility with all Android & Apple smartphones
- full functionality of a desk phone, including voicemail, call forwarding and transfer, call recording, conference call and much more.
For more information on App2Chat, please contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)20 80 993 994.