Consumers and businesses in the UK are scrapping their outdated landlines in favour of newer smartphone technology – and BT is finally getting to grips with the trends of the modern world.
For too many years, BT customers taking out broadband packages have been increasingly frustrated by the telecoms giant’s pestering that they must also pay line rental for a landline – which many will never use.
Most consumers in the modern world spend the majority of their time communicating via apps, smartphones and tablets – and customers are getting increasingly frustrated that they have to pay out for unwanted landlines and outdated desk phones in order to make calls.
BT has finally recognised that the demand for landlines is dying, and the telecoms giant has this week announced forthcoming trials of packages offering broadband only services.
According to insiders, BT’s move to switch to an isolated fixed line in favour of online calling is unlikely to take effect until 2018 at the very earliest. But with the UK’s leading provider planning such a big change, the nationwide death of the desk phone is surely one step closer.
Rival broadband giant Virgin Media has already invested in developing superfast fibre lines into rural communities, including Devon and remote areas in Britain’s South West.
App2Chat is an essential business communication tool, offering the very latest in digital business technology by combining the following must-have features:
- an office telephone system on a mobile
- calls are made and received using business landline numbers
- option for multiple landline numbers (UK and international) on each smartphone
- unlimited users can make or receive business calls on the same landline number at the same time
- new business landline numbers within one working day
- can transfer your existing landline numbers
- works over 3G & 4G mobile networks worldwide so continuous, quality conversations are the norm
- optional WiFi connectivity for office working and overseas roaming
- costs around 30 pence per day and does not require any up-front investment
- compatibility with all Android & Apple smartphones
- full functionality of a desk phone, including voicemail, call forwarding and transfer, call recording, conference call and much more.
For more information on App2Chat, please contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)20 80 993 994.